- See 101 kitchen & bathroom ideas
- Find your kitchen/bathroom style
- Create your kitchen/bathroom ideas
- Instant Picture Book Download...
101 Kitchen & Bathroom Renovation Designs, Ideas & Tips
Calculate Your Renovation Costs
- Instant Home Renovation Estimate
- Free Online Renovation Calculator
- Plan Your Renovation Ahead
See Our Home Renovation Project System Video
Kitchen Ideas and Tips
- White and Timber Kitchen Designs
- 5 kitchen layouts the pros and cons
- 10 U Shaped Kitchens We Love
- White Kitchens: Choosing Your Benchtop Colour
- 5 Key Decisions For Your Kitchen Renovation
- 5 Things You Should Know For Your Kitchen Renovation
- 5 Ways to Make Your New Kitchen A Social Hub
- 5 Popular Kitchen Design Elements
- 5 Clever Ideas To Make Your Small Kitchen Appear Bigger
- how much does a kitchen renovation cost
Kitchen Design Ideas & the Benefits of Hiring Kitchen Designers
If you are planning a substantial kitchen renovation, you should definitely consult with local kitchen designers. You may not realize it, but the kitchen is the single most technically complex room of a house. They are intimately involved with every aspect of planning and installation, and implementing their kitchen design ideas can save you a fortune.
They will come to your property to personally evaluate your space. They discuss the possible colour pallets, lighting options, appliance choices and location, window treatments, flooring, benchtop options, cabinetry, and more.
On top of this, they also are experienced with local safety standards and building codes, and will work hand-in-glove with contractors to ensure the work both fulfills all applicable regulations and is beautiful besides. Their project management skills help the entire process flow more smoothly, and almost always ensure that it is completed on time and within budget.
Usually, designers will focus on providing you with a complete and comprehensive plan regarding your kitchen remodeling project. Depending on the styling choices you select, many different configurations are possible.
Here are three separate kitchen design ideas our expert kitchen designers recommended to clients, each built around a popular style:
- 19th Century Traditional Kitchen This family wanted a formal and elegant look for their kitchen. We installed full molding, along with other ornamentation such as fluting, corbels, trim, and more. We completely replaced the cabinets with a new set made of cherry wood; the door panels were raised and embellished. Our kitchen designers helped source them authentic antique appliances and light fixtures, and we used as much wood, stone, and natural material as possible. The family was extremely pleased with the total makeover, which ended up coming in under budget at just $28,000.
- Contemporary Kitchen A newlywed couple had purchased a home that was perfect to start their family in, except for the fact that the kitchen was tiny, cramped, and severely out of date. Our kitchen designers worked with this client to turn that space into a geometric paradise. Clean, horizontal lines, the clever use of asymmetry, and a lack of molding and ornamentation helped the small space seem much larger and cleaner. Stainless steel cabinets were installed, along with frosted glass and curved countertops.
- Country Kitchen One property owner wanted to improve the appeal of her home by updating to a bright and cheery country style kitchen. Our staff worked to come up with a light and airy design, featuring pastel colors, glazed cabinets, floral motifs, and more. Window treatments were done in chintz and calico, beadboards had wainscoting and paneling installed, and antiques and flea-market pieces were featured for flavor. Everything was given a handmade and homespun look. A butlers wall and plate racks were also installed to complete the look. Thanks to the astute eye of our kitchen designers, the project was completed within the $40,000 budget.
These are only a few of the fantastic kitchen design ideas available to you. Old World styling, Rustic, Transitional, and more; everything and anything is possible. Most designers will typically have access to one or more showrooms that they can visit along with you if you arent quite sure what you want, so take advantage of their knowledge and product expertise.
Richard Armstrong is a Director of Melbourne firm The Makeover Group. He possesses over a decade of property styling, kitchen design and kitchen renovation experience plus post graduate property qualifications. He has undertaken hundreds of kitchen makeovers and renovations, covering both design and build. Educated in interior design, he is also a registered building practitioner who contributes to Australias leading property publications and websites.