- See 101 kitchen & bathroom ideas
- Find your kitchen/bathroom style
- Create your kitchen/bathroom ideas
- Instant Picture Book Download...
101 Kitchen & Bathroom Renovation Designs, Ideas & Tips
Calculate Your Renovation Costs
- Instant Home Renovation Estimate
- Free Online Renovation Calculator
- Plan Your Renovation Ahead
See Our Home Renovation Project System Video
Kitchen Ideas and Tips
- White and Timber Kitchen Designs
- 5 kitchen layouts the pros and cons
- 10 U Shaped Kitchens We Love
- White Kitchens: Choosing Your Benchtop Colour
- 5 Key Decisions For Your Kitchen Renovation
- 5 Things You Should Know For Your Kitchen Renovation
- 5 Ways to Make Your New Kitchen A Social Hub
- 5 Popular Kitchen Design Elements
- 5 Clever Ideas To Make Your Small Kitchen Appear Bigger
- how much does a kitchen renovation cost
Dream Kitchen Renovations & Elegant Kitchen Designs
Kitchen designs are something people are increasingly focused on when it comes to realizing the dream floor plan for their home. According to many surveys, the kitchen is both one of the most widely-used rooms in the typical household, and one of the most expensive to outfit with finishings and appliances. Simple design mistakes, like the selection of an oven which is insufficient to your families needs, can cost thousands to correct and make cooking an ordeal. If the contractor doesnt pay attention to décor and detail, the overall look of the property could suffer.
Enter kitchen designers. The services of kitchen designers have experienced a rapid rise in popularity over the past decade. They assist the average homeowner in designing and building the kitchen of their dreams. They pay attention to many details that may not be apparent to property owners, such as plumbing and electrical concerns. They turn their eye towards concerns that may not occur to contractors as well, such as your desired aesthetics. Lets take a look at the results of a few kitchen renovations, and how a designer helped them save thousands:
- Larger Than Expected Family One family was blessed with not one, but two- sets of twins. As the little ones aged, mum eventually realized that she just didnt have the size refrigerator or oven that they needed, or enough cabinet space for everything. Instead of making expensive piecemeal additions and changing elements she disliked one at a time, she hired kitchen designers to deliver a plan for a series of complete kitchen renovations. Thanks to the designer consolidating projects and making the right appliance choices, she ended up saving nearly $8,000 on a $34,000 project.
- Not Enough Time To Examine All Options In another case, a successful lawyer intended to surprise his wife on their anniversary with a complete kitchen makeover from top to bottom. He didnt want to spoil the surprise by asking her directly, so he hired a kitchen designer instead. This designer helped him put together the surprise of a lifetime for his wife, and saved him hours of pouring over home catalogues, trying to select the correct finishes and fixtures. The kitchen renovations also came in well under the established budget of $45,000.
- Prevent Expensive Mistakes One happy couple was very fond of performing their own renovation work on their property. While he was an accomplished carpenter, they soon learned that tackling kitchen designs is another matter entirely. After making several expensive mistakes involving the purchase of appliances unsuited to their electrical and plumbing infrastructure, the brought in some kitchen designers to help. The designer guided them through the process and ended up saving them around $5,000 in total cost out of a $25,000 expected budget by introducing them to a reputable local contractor as well.
As you see, kitchen designers offer homeowners some very tangible benefits. They often end up saving you money through helping you make correct finishing and appliance choices, they can help ensure that your overall design and aesthetic feeling is maintained, and they pay attention to building code and practicality concerns as well. They offer excellent value for money spent, and should be consulted on any kitchen designs or kitchen renovations you may be planning.
Richard Armstrong is a Director of Melbourne firm The Makeover Group. He possesses over a decade of property styling, kitchen design and kitchen renovation experience plus post graduate property qualifications. He has undertaken hundreds of kitchen makeovers and renovations, covering both design and build. Educated in interior design, he is also a registered building practitioner who contributes to Australias leading property publications and websites.