- See kitchen & bathroom ideas
- Find your kitchen/bathroom style
- Create your kitchen/bathroom ideas
- Instant Picture Book Download...
Buying to Renovate
Get The Home You Love For Less (Free Ebook)
5 Property Experts Reveal How To:
- Get the home you want, within your budget
- Buy in your favourite neighbourhood – for less
- Create your perfect home to your tastes
- Find, fund, purchase, design & renovate your ideal home
101 Kitchen & Bathroom Renovation Designs, Ideas & Tips
Calculate Your Renovation Costs
- Instant Home Renovation Estimate
- Free Online Renovation Calculator
- Plan Your Renovation Ahead
Home Renovation Tips and Articles
- Apartment Renovations – Why They’re Different
- 5 Clever Glass Uses for Your Renovation
- 7 ‘Must Ask’ Questions For Your Renovation Project Manager
- 5 Expert Renovation Tips To Create Your Zen Space
- How Long Should Your Renovation Take?
- 7 Expert Tips For A Successful Renovation
- Should You Try to ‘Live In’ Your Renovation?
- 5 Ways to Manage Your Home Renovation Costs
- 5 Features of a Designer Kitchen
- 5 Renovation Stressors & How To Manage Them
Home Renovations Project Management System
Buying To Renovate A Case Study
As Melbournes property market becomes more competitive for quality stock in prime locations many purchasers are now adopting a creative strategy of buying to renovate to get the home they want. This case study shows you how to enter the market on your terms, the design and renovation process and how to ensure you have a beautiful home.
It Saves You $000s
Given steady price growth throughout Melbournes inner and middle suburbs, many buyers find themselves priced out of their preferred market or housing type. Auctions have become more competitive and cashed up buyers show strong interest better quality properties.
However buying the right un-renovated home for between $800k and $1M then spending $100k to $250k to renovate will usually deliver a quality product valued in the $1.3M to $1.5M range.
Importantly, this approach (1) allows you to enter the market at your preferred budget and (2) builds equity in your home for your financial security in future years. It can save you hundreds of $000s.
This is exactly what our clients recently did with their new Clifton Hill home.
Create Your Home to Your Unique Taste & Lifestyle
Once theyd acquired the property, they requested a design for their home that fit their own tastes including a true cooks kitchen to enable their passion for south-east Asian food. They also wanted to update the bathroom and laundry while refurbishing the rest of the house to their taste.
Heres the design and renovation sequence for their home.
Throughout the process, the clients kept arms length control of the renovation with a handful of key meetings.
Overcome Scarcity of Suitable Properties
Buying and renovating enabled them a far greater choice of properties in their preferred locale as they were no longer confined to buying only the best quality properties in their ideal suburb. Instead, they could look at ALL the properties coming onto market, relying on the renovation to deliver the propertys true potential
To find out more about buying to renovate and how to do it successfully (without renovation grief!), please call us on 1300 768 464 for an obligation free chat.
More Renovation Case Studies
- Case Study - Kew See how this client modernised their home, renovating their kitchen and bathroom with some light touches throughout
- Second Storey Renovation Case Study - see before and after photos of this well designed second storey extension
- Small Bathroom Renovation Case Study - This bathroom renovation ceated more space for the client and her maturing family
- South Melbourne Renovation Case Study - Created more room while modernising the home