- See kitchen & bathroom ideas
- Find your kitchen/bathroom style
- Create your kitchen/bathroom ideas
- Instant Picture Book Download...
Calculate Your Renovation Costs
- Instant Home Renovation Estimate
- Free Online Renovation Calculator
- Plan Your Renovation Ahead
101 Kitchen & Bathroom Renovation Designs, Ideas & Tips
Buying to Renovate
Get The Home You Love For Less (Free Ebook)
5 Property Experts Reveal How To:
- Get the home you want, within your budget
- Buy in your favourite neighbourhood – for less
- Create your perfect home to your tastes
- Find, fund, purchase, design & renovate your ideal home
Home Renovation Tips and Articles
- Apartment Renovations – Why They’re Different
- 5 Clever Glass Uses for Your Renovation
- 7 ‘Must Ask’ Questions For Your Renovation Project Manager
- 5 Expert Renovation Tips To Create Your Zen Space
- How Long Should Your Renovation Take?
- 7 Expert Tips For A Successful Renovation
- Should You Try to ‘Live In’ Your Renovation?
- 5 Ways to Manage Your Home Renovation Costs
- 5 Features of a Designer Kitchen
- 5 Renovation Stressors & How To Manage Them
Home Renovations Project Management System
7 Reasons To Consider A Fixer Upper For Your Next Home
Buying your perfect home, in your perfect suburb for the perfect budget isnt as easy as it used to be. This article looks at the benefits of buying a fixer-upper to create your ideal lifestyle and pocket some savings!
1. Afford your favourite suburb
With Melbourne house prices steadily increasing over the years its become increasingly difficult to afford your ideal suburb. Often the lower priced properties in a suburb are as much as 30% less than the premium end of that suburb.
This introduces the opportunity to purchase into the suburb with a less than ideal home and then renovate it for less than 30% of its value to turn it into a premium home.
That is, you get your premium home, in your favourite suburb for a more competitive price
2. Overcome scarcity (and the open for inspection merry-go-round)
Some suburbs or locales are tightly held with suitable properties rarely coming onto the market.
But what about properties that are a little less suitable? What if you could purchase one of those and turn it into your dream home?
3. Allows YOU to decide where and how you live
Due to market dynamics many people just cant live the way theyd prefer or in their ideal location. Buying a fixer-upper and renovating allows you greater control and choice in your circumstances.
4. Create your perfect home for your unique lifestyle
When you buy someone else home, youre buying their design their dream. However, if you buy and renovate, youre customising your home to suit your unique lifestyle needs. See 101 Kitchen and bathroom design ideas
5. Grow your net wealth for the future
Buying a home for $1M and renovating it to $1.5M with a renovation cost of $300k will put $200k in your assets column.
Your bank manager will love you for it and it will give your retirement plans a turbo boost.
6. Have confidence in the property you purchase.
Know the property you eventually move into is in good condition for the coming years. Youll know what youre getting because its been thoroughly improved and any maintenance issues resolved
7. You Can Manage the risks
Renovating can be a challenge but with the right resources in place, using the right system, your final product after your home renovation will work well. Check out the article 5 Home Renovation Nightmares and How to Avoid Them
About The Author - Richard Armstrong is a Director of Melbourne firm, The Makeover Group specialising in adding value to homes through renovation. Hes undertaken innovative post graduate property valuation research to identify what enhancements add the most value to homes in specific Melbourne suburbs. Educated in design and property valuation, he is also a Registered Building Practitioner.
To discuss your renovation visit www.themakeovergroup.com.au or call 1300 768 464.