- See kitchen & bathroom ideas
- Find your kitchen/bathroom style
- Create your kitchen/bathroom ideas
- Instant Picture Book Download...
Calculate Your Renovation Costs
- Instant Home Renovation Estimate
- Free Online Renovation Calculator
- Plan Your Renovation Ahead
101 Kitchen & Bathroom Renovation Designs, Ideas & Tips
Buying to Renovate
Get The Home You Love For Less (Free Ebook)
5 Property Experts Reveal How To:
- Get the home you want, within your budget
- Buy in your favourite neighbourhood – for less
- Create your perfect home to your tastes
- Find, fund, purchase, design & renovate your ideal home
Home Renovation Tips and Articles
- Apartment Renovations – Why They’re Different
- 5 Clever Glass Uses for Your Renovation
- 7 ‘Must Ask’ Questions For Your Renovation Project Manager
- 5 Expert Renovation Tips To Create Your Zen Space
- How Long Should Your Renovation Take?
- 7 Expert Tips For A Successful Renovation
- Should You Try to ‘Live In’ Your Renovation?
- 5 Ways to Manage Your Home Renovation Costs
- 5 Features of a Designer Kitchen
- 5 Renovation Stressors & How To Manage Them
Home Renovations Project Management System
5 Secret Alfresco Storage Ideas
Once planning for your ultimate alfresco zone begins, youll start tallying up all the furniture and extra bits and pieces you need (and want) in your space too. An outdoor table setting plus glasses, cooking utensils and serving ware, and dont forget the cushions too! Thats where adding some secret storage options into your alfresco zone becomes a handy investment youll thank yourself for later. Here are five ways to make storage a priority in your outdoor space.
1. Embrace bench seating.
Bench seating with hidden storage underneath is an easy solution to your outdoor storage dilemmas. This can be part of your outdoor table setting or permanent built-in seating that frames your alfresco zone. Its a great spot to store outdoor soft furnishings such as rugs, cushions and seat coverings too.
2. Add extra cabinetry to your outdoor kitchen.
Just like you want plenty of storage space in your home kitchen, make this a priority outdoors too. For those planning a fully-integrated outdoor kitchen with pizza oven, hot plates, wok, sinkand more, simply add cabinetry (underbench and/or overhead) to your design. And if its simply a nook for your barbecue/hot plate that youre making part of your alfresco zone, adding cabinetry alongside is a handy and easily achievable option and the perfect place to store your cooking utensils and serving ware.
3. Create a bar zone.
If an outdoor kitchen is out of the question for you, then how about a bar?
Whether your alfresco zone is small and intimate or large and spacious, adding a bar plus stool seating is a handy way to create a retreat-style entertaining nook within your outdoor zone, and with built-in underbench cabinetry can couple as fantastic hideaway storage (with access to power, it could even house a mini fridge for your summer-time drinks).
4. Make use of an elevated deck area.
If your alfresco zone is on an elevated decking, this unused space can become a secret storage spot. All youll need is access to under your deck and a storage cabinet (waterproof if your outdoor zone isnt covered) you can place here. House essential items for your outdoor room, the garden or perhaps all those pool accessories you wont be needing until summer time.
5. Buy outdoor furniture that doubles as storage.
As well as looking for items that will help carry your indoor styling theme outdoors, try keeping storage top of your mind when furniture shopping.
Consider box-style seating, or an ottoman or coffee table that opens up to reveal hidden storage.
For advice and ideas on creating an alfresco zone at your Melbourne home, phone The Makeover Group on 1300 768 464 or see www.themakeovergroup.com.au