- See kitchen & bathroom ideas
- Find your kitchen/bathroom style
- Create your kitchen/bathroom ideas
- Instant Picture Book Download...
Calculate Your Renovation Costs
- Instant Home Renovation Estimate
- Free Online Renovation Calculator
- Plan Your Renovation Ahead
101 Kitchen & Bathroom Renovation Designs, Ideas & Tips
Buying to Renovate
Get The Home You Love For Less (Free Ebook)
5 Property Experts Reveal How To:
- Get the home you want, within your budget
- Buy in your favourite neighbourhood – for less
- Create your perfect home to your tastes
- Find, fund, purchase, design & renovate your ideal home
Home Renovation Tips and Articles
- Apartment Renovations – Why They’re Different
- 5 Clever Glass Uses for Your Renovation
- 7 ‘Must Ask’ Questions For Your Renovation Project Manager
- 5 Expert Renovation Tips To Create Your Zen Space
- How Long Should Your Renovation Take?
- 7 Expert Tips For A Successful Renovation
- Should You Try to ‘Live In’ Your Renovation?
- 5 Ways to Manage Your Home Renovation Costs
- 5 Features of a Designer Kitchen
- 5 Renovation Stressors & How To Manage Them
Home Renovations Project Management System
5 Clever Glass Uses for Your Renovation
Glass systems for our homes have come a long way in the last 20 years.
Historically, designers used minimal glass in housing design due to heat loss, noise transfer and security/safety.
However, nowadays with the development of double (or even triple) glazing, laminated glass and treatments to reduce UV in your home; these issues have all been solved.
So, here are a few ideas for your next renovation to massively improve the liveability and style of your home.
1. Kitchen Skylights
A well-positioned skylight can light up your whole kitchen – particularly the prep areas and work spaces that dominate your kitchen use.
2. Glass Window Splashbacks
We love glass window splashbacks because they boost natural light but also boost the sense of space in your home.
If you enjoy cooking with fresh herbs, you could even have an herb garden on the ledge outside your openable splashback – you don’t even have to leave the kitchen to get your free, fresh herbs!
3. Bring the Outside In
If you have a beautiful vista, capture it! What could be better than the ‘artwork’ provided by nature?
This Princess Hill home uses glass to perfection.
4. Bathrooms with Private Garden
If you’re looking for some ‘chill’ space in your bathroom, consider installing a large glass window to capture your own private garden.
5. Create Inside/Outside Living with Concertina Doors
This Camberwell project delivers seamless transition from indoors to outdoors. The common floor height and glass balustrade provides clean simple lines the visually enlarge the space and optimise the view.
Author, Richard Armstrong is a Director of Melbourne firm The Makeover Group. With more than a decade of home-renovation/extension experience, Richard has helped hundreds of Melbourne clients undertake renovations to their inner metro homes. Contact us