- See 101 kitchen & bathroom ideas
- Find your kitchen/bathroom style
- Create your kitchen/bathroom ideas
- Instant Picture Book Download...
101 Kitchen & Bathroom Renovation Designs, Ideas & Tips
Calculate Your Renovation Costs
- Instant Home Renovation Estimate
- Free Online Renovation Calculator
- Plan Your Renovation Ahead
See Our Home Renovation Project System Video
Kitchen Ideas and Tips
- White and Timber Kitchen Designs
- 5 kitchen layouts the pros and cons
- 10 U Shaped Kitchens We Love
- White Kitchens: Choosing Your Benchtop Colour
- 5 Key Decisions For Your Kitchen Renovation
- 5 Things You Should Know For Your Kitchen Renovation
- 5 Ways to Make Your New Kitchen A Social Hub
- 5 Popular Kitchen Design Elements
- 5 Clever Ideas To Make Your Small Kitchen Appear Bigger
- how much does a kitchen renovation cost
5 Small Kitchen Renovation Ideas
The way Australians live is changing, requiring a new way of designing kitchen spaces to meet our modern lifestyle.
With average family sizes reducing, many homes now have smaller kitchens with loads of appliances and mod-cons. Add to this our desire for cuisines from far-flung places using all kinds of cooking implements and the need for greater storage capacity quickly comes into play.
With this in mind, here are five small kitchen renovation ideas to delivery functionality and space-saving styles to help your kitchen renovation ideas.
Small Kitchen Renovation Idea No. 1
We love this kitchen because it does an excellent job of bringing the outside in while increasing the light and space in the kitchen.
We think its particularly clever because traditional kitchen splashbacks serve very little purpose apart from being a wall (thats easily cleaned). Installing a window of the splashback still delivers these practical requirements with the benefits of space and light in the heart of your home.
Small Kitchen Renovation Idea No. 2
If youre really tight on space, consider a kitchen design that hugs the existing walls of your kitchen. Traditional island or peninsula kitchens require at least 110cm space between benches (for example to open the dishwasher or oven door).
So, by using an open kitchen, you save yourself over a metre of usable space. In a small apartment, that really counts. Naturally, the cabinetry needs to look sharp as its always on display.
Small Kitchen Renovation Idea No. 3
This design hugs the walls but, importantly, the cabinetry cleverly mimics the wall and ceiling colours to provide a sense of visual space.
Rooms with a mixture of colours tend to provide visual punctuation to the eye which then makes the space appear smaller.
Small Kitchen Renovation Idea No. 4
This kitchen illustrates the way island or peninsula benches can also double as dining spaces where you can prop and read the morning news over breakfast or enjoy an informal dinner at night.
The bench-top overhang reduces the need for a traditional dining space.
Small Kitchen Renovation Idea No. 5
This kitchen renovation brings together a variety of clever elements. The cabinetry colours match the walls with a flat (no detail) finish to optimise visual space. The use of a peninsula bench with an induction cooktop also delivers greater usable space without the benchtop height differences a gas cooktop creates.
These kitchens show just some of the ideas our kitchen designers can develop for your small kitchen renovation. To book in your kitchen design workshop call 1300 768 464 or contact us
- Small kitchen ideas: Turning your storage dilemmas around
- Small kitchen ideas: Tips & tricks to make your space look and feel bigger
- Small kitchen ideas: Modern kitchen images to inspire your next renovation
- 7 Modern Kitchen Renovation Ideas for the Way You Live
- Clever Kitchen Ideas
- How Long Does A Kitchen Renovation Take?
- Kitchen ideas: Three hints to remember
- Kitchen ideas: The ultimate modern kitchen elements