- See kitchen & bathroom ideas
- Find your kitchen/bathroom style
- Create your kitchen/bathroom ideas
- Instant Picture Book Download...
Calculate Your Renovation Costs
- Instant Home Renovation Estimate
- Free Online Renovation Calculator
- Plan Your Renovation Ahead
101 Kitchen & Bathroom Renovation Designs, Ideas & Tips
Buying to Renovate
Get The Home You Love For Less (Free Ebook)
5 Property Experts Reveal How To:
- Get the home you want, within your budget
- Buy in your favourite neighbourhood – for less
- Create your perfect home to your tastes
- Find, fund, purchase, design & renovate your ideal home
Home Renovation Tips and Articles
- 5 Clever Glass Uses for Your Renovation
- 7 ‘Must Ask’ Questions For Your Renovation Project Manager
- 5 Expert Renovation Tips To Create Your Zen Space
- How Long Should Your Renovation Take?
- 7 Expert Tips For A Successful Renovation
- Should You Try to ‘Live In’ Your Renovation?
- 5 Ways to Manage Your Home Renovation Costs
- 5 Features of a Designer Kitchen
- 5 Renovation Stressors & How To Manage Them
- House Extension Cost Per Square Metre – 6 Considerations
Home Renovations Project Management System
Melbourne Kitchen, Dining & Laundry Renovation An Alphington Case Study
After recently moving into Alphington, the clients growing family needed more room and wanted to improve the layout of their home.
Originally the home had limited liveable space in the kitchen with the dining room tucked behind the kitchen on the propertys southern wall. Entry to the living space and kitchen was through two dark corridors, reducing the intuitive entry to the main living areas of the home.
To open up the home, we created a design to remove the central laundry and water closet, moving them to the bedroom that adjoined the living areas. We also reclaimed one of the duplicated corridors to convert the dining room into a bedroom. This approach:
- Delivered more open plan living, enabling the client to engage with people throughout living areas from the kitchen
- Maintained the number of bedrooms
- Created a more intuitive entry to the main living areas of their home
- Modernised the whole home in line with the clients tastes
- Created a far more versatile and modern kitchen renovation with improved services and an island bench
Opening up the central living area of the house allowed the clients to host guests from the kitchen, creating a true heart of the home.
The Kitchen renovatios featuring a new design, appliances and finishes dramatically increased the homes utility.
Removing solid, old fashioned balustrades delivered a more communal, open space with loads of extra light, to compliment the creation of the dining space.
Throughout the process, the clients kept arms length control of the renovation through our unique online home renovation project management system.
Budget: Under $200,000
To find out more about renovating and how to do it successfully (without grief!), please call us on 1300 768 464 for an obligation free chat.
See More Inner-Metro Renovation Case Studies...