- See kitchen & bathroom ideas
- Find your kitchen/bathroom style
- Create your kitchen/bathroom ideas
- Instant Picture Book Download...
Calculate Your Renovation Costs
- Instant Home Renovation Estimate
- Free Online Renovation Calculator
- Plan Your Renovation Ahead
101 Kitchen & Bathroom Renovation Designs, Ideas & Tips
Buying to Renovate
Get The Home You Love For Less (Free Ebook)
5 Property Experts Reveal How To:
- Get the home you want, within your budget
- Buy in your favourite neighbourhood – for less
- Create your perfect home to your tastes
- Find, fund, purchase, design & renovate your ideal home
Home Renovation Tips and Articles
- 5 Clever Glass Uses for Your Renovation
- 7 ‘Must Ask’ Questions For Your Renovation Project Manager
- 5 Expert Renovation Tips To Create Your Zen Space
- How Long Should Your Renovation Take?
- 7 Expert Tips For A Successful Renovation
- Should You Try to ‘Live In’ Your Renovation?
- 5 Ways to Manage Your Home Renovation Costs
- 5 Features of a Designer Kitchen
- 5 Renovation Stressors & How To Manage Them
- House Extension Cost Per Square Metre – 6 Considerations
Home Renovations Project Management System
5 Expert Renovation Tips To Create Your Zen Space
Creating spaces in your home that deliver respite and tranquillity can dramatically improve the way you feel.
Mindfulness, yoga, Pilates, stretching, even simply taking a long hot bath, are all proven to re-charge your batteries and get some balance back in your life.
These 5 Expert Tips To Create Your Zen Space will help you create a lifestyle that’s energised, enjoyable and wholesome – all before you walk out the front door!
1. Relaxing Water – Enjoy the Benefit
Water’s long had a calming influence on the human psyche. Whilst not all of us are lucky enough to live next to a freshwater stream or ocean, there are many options to bring water into a zen space.
Installing a gentle water feature in your zen space eases away the stresses.
Also, create a bathroom where you can enjoy a long hot bath with a natural, earthy view through the window.
2. Soothing Natural Light to Re-Charge
It’s all about nature when it comes to lighting. Try to capture as much natural light as possible. If it’s dappled green light from surrounding foliage that’s even better.
If the view from your zen room isn’t so inspiring, try some light drapes to create filtered light.
If your proposed zen space doesn’t have any natural light, use warm glow lights on a dimmer switch plus candle burners – perhaps even with some relaxing scents.
3. Earthy Colours and Tones
Warm timbers, rocks and sand stone, plus muted, warmer tones all deliver a visual sense of nature’s gifts.
If you’re going to paint, keep it healthy, use low VOC (volatile organic compound) paints to reduce fumes and maintain a positive vibe.
4. Uncluttered Space To Unclutter Your Mind
It’s important your zen space gives you room to ‘just be’.
Clear out the clutter. It’s not a junk room - it’s your zen room! Old books, clothes, CD’s, furniture, musical instruments, etc have gotta go!
5. Outdoor Zen Spaces
Sometimes mother nature delivers the perfect space. Although, often the city, she needs a bit of help.
Create your own relaxing outdoor space with timber deck, lush foliage and a water feature. Your inspired space doesn’t have to be large – and certainly not high maintenance.
Author, Richard Armstrong is a Director of Melbourne firm The Makeover Group. With more than a decade of home-renovation/extension experience, Richard has helped hundreds of Melbourne clients undertake renovations to their inner metro homes. Contact us