- See kitchen & bathroom ideas
- Find your kitchen/bathroom style
- Create your kitchen/bathroom ideas
- Instant Picture Book Download...
Calculate Your Renovation Costs
- Instant Home Renovation Estimate
- Free Online Renovation Calculator
- Plan Your Renovation Ahead
101 Kitchen & Bathroom Renovation Designs, Ideas & Tips
Buying to Renovate
Get The Home You Love For Less (Free Ebook)
5 Property Experts Reveal How To:
- Get the home you want, within your budget
- Buy in your favourite neighbourhood – for less
- Create your perfect home to your tastes
- Find, fund, purchase, design & renovate your ideal home
Home Renovation Tips and Articles
- 5 Clever Glass Uses for Your Renovation
- 7 ‘Must Ask’ Questions For Your Renovation Project Manager
- 5 Expert Renovation Tips To Create Your Zen Space
- How Long Should Your Renovation Take?
- 7 Expert Tips For A Successful Renovation
- Should You Try to ‘Live In’ Your Renovation?
- 5 Ways to Manage Your Home Renovation Costs
- 5 Features of a Designer Kitchen
- 5 Renovation Stressors & How To Manage Them
- House Extension Cost Per Square Metre – 6 Considerations
Home Renovations Project Management System
Home Extensions Melbourne - Design and Build
6 Reasons to use The Makeover Group for your home extension:
1. Avoid the Stress – Your home extension design and works are fully managed by our professional project managers. Our home extension process starts with designing your renovation through to final delivery – fully managed. See how..(video)
2. We design your house extension to deliver YOUR lifestyle goals. Creating a beautiful and stylish home, our qualified designers visit your home to develop your renovation design with you. You will see 3D modelling that brings your house extension to life. You can also download 101 Kitchen and Bathroom Design Ideas if you’re looking for some inspiration.
3. Know Your Home Extension Costs From the Very Beginning. You won’t have to go through months of design to establish the cost of your home extension. Instead, with our home extension process, you will know the likely cost of your extension within the first couple of meetings – well before you make any substantial financial outlays. Try our online home extension costs calculator.
4. No Dealing with Tradesmen – we understand you’re busy. Your project manager is informed, professional and trained to deliver your extension. You will deal only with people who understand your needs and communicate constructively to create the home you want.
5. Your Extension Will Be On Time. Your project manager is incentivised to deliver your renovation on time. He/she will manage your project with contemporary project management software and methods. See how your extension will be managed with this short project management video
6. You’re Protected. As qualified and registered industry professionals with decades of experience, we know what it takes to deliver a successful home extension. Our registered and qualified builders have been approved based on their background checks, quality, professionalism, communication, insurances, feasibility and reliability. We’ve already eliminated high risk builders from the process via our due diligence
Our Guarantee to You
We guarantee that our inspired and professionally designed home extension will enhance your property’s value well beyond the cost.
Stage 1. Our house extension design and build process delivers a 3D concept, scope of works and home extension budget estimate within the first two meetings. That way, your design aligns with your budget right from the beginning of your home extension. No budget surprises!
Stage 2. From there, we move into your detailed design and permits stage whereby we flesh out the detail of your design, ensuring it delivers on your lifestyle and aesthetic. Importantly, this stage delivers council permits and develops all of the ‘brains’ behind your home extension. Geotech engineers, structural engineers, land surveyors, town planners, energy consultants, designers, building surveyors and more all play a role, as required.
Stage 3. Once your design and permits are finalised, your home extension is then professionally managed, drawing upon our pre-selected and qualified registered builders. Each of our builders has been screened for quality, professionalism, communication, qualifications/registration, insurances, feasibility and reliability.
As your expert onsite eyes and ears, we manage the builder on your behalf, checking quality, timeframes and the meeting of regulations. You won’t have to worry about managing the process, industry norms, standards, outcomes and work methods. That’s our job.
Home Extension Costs
Determining your home extension costs is probably one of the first items you’re trying to understand.
Unfortunately the traditional model of engaging an architect to design your home extension then asking builders to quote according to the design is presents several issues that can cause budget blow outs before your home extension works even begin. See 7 questions you should ask your architect or building designer before you engage them.
For this reason, our home extension process delivers a conceptual design, scope of works and budget estimate (+/- 10%) within the first two meetings. This is delivered with at a little expense to help you understand what you can hope to achieve with your budget.
You should also be careful using a home extension cost per square metre as there are several exceptions and exclusions to this method.
Home Extensions Tips & Articles
- 5 Design Tricks for a Seamless Indoor/Outdoor Area
- 6 Open Plan Renovation Tips
- Energy Efficient Home Extensions and Renovations
- House Extension Costs Per Square Metre - Six questions you should ask
- See more home extension and renovations articles
Home Extensions – Melbourne Case Studies
- Camberwell Home Extension Case Study
- Alphington Home Extensions Case Study
- Second Storey Home Extension Case Study
What Our Home Extensions Clients say:
Thanks for our wonderful home renovation. We love our new extension and enjoy breakfast every morning with so much natural light coming in. Your design guidance was spot on and the extension itself just looks fantastic. P Newman (Melbourne East)
In the very first meeting you understood our needs and developed a concept we hadn’t even considered. Now, several months later, we’re seeing that concept take shape and we just love it.
PS thanks for your help navigating through town planning.
J Watts (Richmond)
We really appreciated that you were able to help us understand the costs of our home extension early on. Adriana stepped us through options and ideas and kept us aware of any possible issues. Then we watched our extension grow into a beautiful home. Thanks for all your help, our friends love it too.
I Hartlett (Hawthorn)
Also see our kitchen renovations and designs and our bathroom renovations and designs for Melbourne homes. Try our Online Renovation Costs Calculator
The Makeover Group is a home extension company that offers home extension and designs to modernise, update and refurbish properties in the Melbourne, Victoria. Our home extensions are fully project managed by a registered building practitioner.