- See 101 kitchen & bathroom ideas
- Find your kitchen/bathroom style
- Create your kitchen/bathroom ideas
- Instant Picture Book Download...
101 Kitchen & Bathroom Design Ideas
Buying To Renovate
Get The Home You Love For Less (Free Ebook)
5 Property Experts Reveal How To:
- Get the home you want, within your budget
- Buy in your favourite neighbourhood – for less
- Create your perfect home to your tastes
- Find, fund, purchase, design & renovate your ideal home
Bathroom Ideas and Articles
- Alphington Small Bathroom Case Study
- Narrow Bathroom Designs
- 7 Bathroom Heating Ideas
- 5 ‘Hacks’ To Create A Budget-Wise Luxury Bathroom
- 5 Things To Know Before Your Bathroom Renovation Begins
- 7 Clever Small Bathroom Renovation Ideas
- 5 Expert Ideas To Make Your Small Bathroom Appear Larger
- 7 bathroom lighting tips
- 5 Alfresco Lighting Ideas
- 5 Bathtub Styles For Your Bathroom Renovation
How We Deliver Your Bathroom On Time
Alphington Small Bathroom Case Study
Fitting a bathroom into a tight upstairs space can be challenging!
At the heart of the client’s brief was to change this awkward ensuite into a modern bathroom while creating more visual and functional space throughout.
A major inhibitor of the space was the low, sloping roof meaning we had to redesign the bathroom facilitate full standing tasks (like showering or applying make-up) in areas of the room that offered adequate ceiling height.
Additionally the original doorway entered the room from a bedroom and the shower hob sat very high off the floor to facilitate plumbing drainage.
All of these aspects contributed to an awkward and cluttered space that made the room seem like an after-thought.
With all this in mind, our approach was to improve the room’s aesthetic and functionality by:
- Employing some simple engineering to facilitate shower waste below floor height, enabling a walk in shower without a hob
- Moving the vanity to the side of the room with a higher ceiling
- Moving the doorway to enter via a hall, rather than through a bedroom
- Removing all shower screen frames to reduce visual punctuation
- Using a freestanding bath and wall hung vanity to create visual space
- Lighting the room with less intrusive gimbal LED downlights
- Client selections of tiles and LED cabinetry to deliver a tasteful, modern and interesting bathing space.
If you’d like to find out more about renovating or extending your home, contact us on 1300 768 464.