- See 101 kitchen & bathroom ideas
- Find your kitchen/bathroom style
- Create your kitchen/bathroom ideas
- Instant Picture Book Download...
101 Kitchen & Bathroom Design Ideas
Buying To Renovate
Get The Home You Love For Less (Free Ebook)
5 Property Experts Reveal How To:
- Get the home you want, within your budget
- Buy in your favourite neighbourhood – for less
- Create your perfect home to your tastes
- Find, fund, purchase, design & renovate your ideal home
Bathroom Ideas and Articles
- 5 ‘Hacks’ To Create A Budget-Wise Luxury Bathroom
- 5 Things To Know Before Your Bathroom Renovation Begins
- 7 Clever Small Bathroom Renovation Ideas
- 5 Expert Ideas To Make Your Small Bathroom Appear Larger
- 7 bathroom lighting tips
- 5 Alfresco Lighting Ideas
- 5 Bathtub Styles For Your Bathroom Renovation
- 5 Bathroom Styles - Your Bathroom Inspiration
- North Fitzroy Bathroom Renovation
- 7 Small Bathroom Ideas to Create Space
How We Deliver Your Bathroom On Time
5 ‘Hacks’ To Create A Budget-Wise Luxury Bathroom
Creating a luxury bathroom does require a bit of investment. But you can reduce your costs by 10% to 20% if you’re shrewd about your design and product selections.
Here are five hacks you can use to get a premium bathroom without the premium price tag.
All bathroom products are available in budget, luxury and premium pricing brackets.
For example, if you see a tap fitting or tile in an expensive showroom, you’ll generally be able to find a lower cost version at an alternative supplier. As long as you’re not fixed on the exact same product, you can save thousands.
It just requires a bit of legwork or time looking at google images to find the products you like. Research = savings.
2. Vanity & Cabinetry
Premium bathroom vanities and cabinetry are usually custom made costing two or three times as an off the shelf vanity.
So, to keep your costs down, select your vanity off the shelf from a recommended bathroom supplier (of quality products). Then develop your bathroom’s design to facilitate that vanity. There are hundreds of smart designs available – online and in store.
Tiles can range in cost from $10/m2 to $200/m2 depending on their origin, manufacturing process and the retailer they come from.
If there’s a particular look you like, shopping around to a few recommended suppliers can pay huge dividends – particularly if you’re tiling most of the walls in your bathroom.
4. Frameless, fixed panel shower screens
We love them. They look great and will generally save you a little on the cost of a fully enclosed shower.
5. Keep the same fixture locations
If your current layout’s not functional or in line with what you want, by all means – change it. However, keeping your waste and water points in the same locations will save quite a bit in plumbing rough in costs.
Author, Richard Armstrong is a director of Melbourne firm The Makeover Group.
With more than a decade of home-renovation experience, Richard has helped hundreds of Melbourne clients modernise their homes to create spaces that better suit their lifestyle.